Letter from Perkins Consulting President, Bill Henderson:
Perkins Consulting is looking for an experienced software engineer who wants to grow, is motivated by challenges, and enjoys tackling a variety of complex projects. The perfect candidate is driven to make a positive influence within our company and for our clients from Day One. You will thrive in this position if you are a driven developer seeking continuous improvement in your skills and in your contributions to our team and our clients.
Perkins Consulting is not a large company, but we think big about our services and the best ways to bring value to our clients. We are a team that enjoys options in work hours and location – providing flexibility while meeting team expectations and dependencies. We are passionate about project execution, meeting deadlines, delivering value, and continuing to learn.
In this position, you will primarily use Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio, Team Foundation Services and .Net to develop products and tools for our clients. Your focus will be on predictable, high-quality delivery of software that adds value for our clients. You’ll contribute to design, modeling, test planning and development. Our methodology focuses on continuous deployment and ongoing operations, so you’ll be involved in these activities.
At Perkins Consulting, you’ll experience an innovative environment that places high value on the person as well as the position. If you are looking for a long-term relationship with the ability to further your technical and leadership skills, then let’s talk!
For the motivated individual who can answer “yes” to the following questions, this is the opportunity for you:
- Can you deliver software on time and on budget without the drama?
- Do you enjoy learning new technologies and applying proven approaches to new projects?
- Can you discuss your experience making tough development trade-offs in features versus effort?
- What is your experience in testing web applications? Have you successfully explained why a web site might be “slow” to a layperson?
- Do you enjoy improving development processes and practices and seeing the results?
- Are you a person who likes multi-tasking between two or three different projects in a week?
- Are you excited by the opportunities for personal growth and influence offered by a small firm?
- Do you want the stability of a 20-year company history with a long-standing and proven record of success?
If you think this position is right for you, please use the following form to apply: